Monday, April 23, 2012

Homemade Cinnamon Banana Bread


So I can honestly say this is probably my most favorite recipe to make. My dear friend Kate gave me this recipe with all the dry ingredients in a jar for a bridal shower, and I haven’t stopped making it since. Being one of my dad and husband’s favorite foods, I have found there is so much more you can add to make the banana bread that much more delicious!

Here are the ingredients:

-4 to 5 ripe bananas
-1/3 cup melted butter
-3/4 cup sugar
-1 egg
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 tsp baking soda
-pinch of salt
-1 ½ cups (white or whole wheat) flour
-2 tbsp cinnamon
 

And now how to make the delicious recipe:

Having a kitchen aid on my wish-list I was kind of happy to see that this recipe called for no mixer. Just a large spoon (later used to try the batter)…

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees

In a medium size bowl mash up the bananas and mix in the melted butter. One of my favorite kitchen tools is my masher that I found at Target for $1.97. I love good finds!

Mix in the baking soda and pinch of salt.

Next, add all other ingredients and use a fork to mix well.

Before you pour the batter into the loaf pan, butter the pan along the sides and bottom and next, flour the sides as well. Kind of sounds funny, but works better than anything I’ve ever tried.

Pour mixture into pan and bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.

I sprinkled a little cinnamon and sugar on top as well, and it is something you should definitely try!
 
Next time I am making it I am going to try it with chocolate chips, yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment