Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Husband's Favorite Dish....

My husband is pretty simple when it comes to pasta. Not a lot of sauce, but a lot of veggies, parmesan, and his favorite, cherry tomatoes. This is a very basic dish. I was able to find whole wheat pasta in my pantry, and just started adding stuff here and there as I went along....


Here are the ingredients:


1 box of cherry tomatoes (just the small ones you can buy at the store)
1/2 cup of Kalamata olives (I say the more olives, the more flavor!)
1/4 of Feta cheese
3-4 tbsp of drained capers
3 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
LOTS of pepper
3/4 pound of whole wheat spaghetti
6 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves of minced garlic (the more garlic the better)


This recipe is very simple, short, and sweet, well, salty ;)


In a large mixing bowl, combine the olives, feta, capers, parsley, salt, tomatoes, & pepper.


I never knew to salt the water for boiling pasta, but wow does it make a tasteful difference. So just put a pinch of salt into the pot, and boil noodles for about 12 minutes.


While this is boiling, heat olive oil in a frying pan over moderately low heat. Add the garlic, cook, and stir for about 1 minute. 


After draining the pasta add the garlic olive oil & pasta to tomato mixture and toss.


Great with garlic bread or a simple salad. 



1 comment:

  1. Kyle would love that this! I will just have to put the olives on the side of my sake! :)

    ReplyDelete