Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Keeping It Healthy....Parmesan Roasted Green Beans



Growing up I had a dad who, well I'm just gonna say it....HATED green beans, so of course I grew up not caring for them either. That was until I spruced them up with some goodies. I now eat them for a meal or have them as a side. I am determined to have my dad like green beans at some point....


Here are the very simple & cheap ingredients:


-1-2 packs of green beans (I found Safeway has the cheapest)
-olive oil
-shredded parmesan cheese 
-pepper
-salt


Wash and trim ends of green beens before placing them in the bowl


Place the green beans into a mixing bowl and pour a small amount of olive oil across them in the bowl.


Put a pinch of salt & pepper into bowl with beans and oil and mix together until all of the beans seemed covered in oil.


Spread them across a cooking sheet and cover with a "healthy" amount of parmesan cheese. 


Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.



Remove from oven and serve :)

No comments:

Post a Comment