Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A little about the blog...


     Not once in my life did I ever think I would start a cooking blog. As a new wife & a new cook I felt a little panic in myself when I realized I was going to be preparing meals while my husband was at work. Nerves and excitement crept up as I planned out my first meal as a newly married woman. That's when I found a new appreciation for other people's blogs, found through my favorite and most helpful website, Pinterest. This website let me start from scratch, begin with the basics, and appreciate other's talents and creativity in cooking. Having never (and I mean never) cooked before, I started with easy meals, my first being a baked Mac & Cheese. As I will explain in my posts, I have learned to put a fun couple twists on different recipes. I like to take some of my husbands favorite snacks and incorporate them in the meals. 
    If anyone is a beginner at cooking, down to things even such as the: spoons, measurements, terms, and kinds of food, this can be a place to start. I am going to break things down just as I appreciated others doing. 
     So here is a kitchen of a newlywed. It could get messy, have mistakes, and turn out in a way, well, how the pictures do not look, but that's where I started and still am learning so much! Just as I absolutely love being married, I have learned to love cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment