Monday, April 23, 2012

Homemade Creamy Balsamic Dressing


So when my sister-in-law texted me to see if I could bring a balsamic dressing to a family get together the first thought that ran through my mind was, “sure I’ll just go buy one.” When she then suggested that I should just make one, I thought, what a great idea!! I love balsamic dressing and this was my chance to get it just how I want, as creamy and garlicy as I wished for!


Here are the ingredients:

-4 cloves BIG cloves of minced garlic
-3 ½  tbsp mayonnaise

-1 squeezed lemon
-1 tbsp Dijon mustard

-1 tbsp sugar

-2 tsp of any everyday seasoning
(I just really like Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 cup balsamic vinegar

-1 cup extra light olive oil




Here is the super easy recipe:

First mince the garlic and put into small mixing bowl. Next put in mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon.

Next, pour in the sugar, salt, and seasoning and WHISK away!

Once it is well whisked, mix in the balsamic vinegar.

Slowly, then whisk in the olive oil. I think I whisked it for up to 10 minutes, until it was all mixed and blended together.
 









































Add more olive oil if it seems to be to salty.


I chose to pour mine into a mason jar, for transportation purposes. :)

Lastly, pour over any salad and enjoy a delicious creamy balsamic dressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment